James joined ADC's Operation Committee in 2015 as Director of Business Initiatives.
1. What attracted you to getting involved with ADC?
Genevieve Martin asked me. I am interested in microfinance as it:
· Empowers people
· Effectively leverages time and financial resource.
2. What are you looking forward to the most about being part of the ADC operations committee?
Working with a driven and capable team.
3. What do you do for a job?
Aeronautical Engineer. Lead the helicopter team at Airwork NZ, doing design and certification of upgrades and equipment. For example, rescue hoists for the Westpac helicopter or surveillance cameras for the Police helicopters.
4. Tell us a little about any interests/hobbies.
Building things, travelling, learning, wake-skating, waterpolo, economics.
5. If you could have dinner with anyone, living or dead, who would you choose?
6. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
7. Best Book and why?
The Alchemist. It is succinct, extremely insightful and beautifully written. Read it every couple of years.
8. Best Film and why?
The Bourne Identity. Bourne is exceptionally clever and resourceful. He is always a few steps ahead. A very entertaining story of outsmarting and beating the incumbent. Generally I really don’t like movies/tv at all though.
9 All time hero?
No one specific person. Anyone creative and smart who isn’t too constricted by rules. Kelly Johnston (Aeronautical Engineer), Elon Musk (Entrepreneur/Engineer), Richard Leaper (Chief Engineer at AIM Altitude in Auckland), Chuck Yeager (Test Pilot).
10. Top aim for the next year
I only get one?